Wednesday, June 3, 2009

teacher thankyou

It's hard to believe that this is the last week of Lio's kindergarten!  This year has gone by so fast, yet so much has happened.  He has turned into an amazing reader, and he never ceases to surprise me with how quickly he can grasp concepts.  His memory is  quite amazing, too!

He's also gotten so much more independent.  He was the one who was pushing to ride the bus when I wanted to drop him off each day, just to make sure he got to his room safe and sound.  I was a wreck that whole first day he rode the bus, crying over everything.  I still want to drive him - he's learned a little too much from those other kids on the bus.  It's hard letting go!

I'm ready for this year to be over, though.  It's been full of growing pains for me - learning to let go, but also knowing when to stand up for him when I didn't think his needs were being met.  I hope that next year I'm a bit better at it.

Here's what we came up with as a thankyou for his classroom teacher, and his favorite reading teacher:

Lio used his finger prints to create the caterpillar, and hand prints to create the butterfly inside.  He came up with the idea to use the same color pattern for the caterpillar as was in the butterfly wings.  He surprised me again - I thought it was a wonderful idea! 

2 comments: