Wednesday, June 10, 2009

and the winner is...

Well, I think the winner is, but I can't be too sure.  Last weekend I went to an amazing shoe store and got fitted for my "perfect" running shoe.  The sales guy was great - did all kinds of measurements, taped me running on the treadmill, went over how my feet and legs moved frame by frame, and had me running up and down the sidewalk until I felt like I had a good fit. 

The shoe I ended up with was the really ugly shoe that I posted about last week.  It really did feel great, and I got over the fact that I did not like how it looked.  The problem was that when I wore the shoes at home and to run, my feet went numb.  Not good.

So I went back to the shoe store, and had the same sales guy try to find me another fit.  I was there for hours.  Literally.  I wanted to burst into tears from frustration.  I wanted to just leave and come back another day.  My feet were feeling numb and my head was throbbing.  But I stayed, and I'm gonna give these a try.  And if they do fit and feel good, and if I can still feel my feet after a run, I'm going to celebrate with something pretty cool.  That I will post if and when.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the lime and grey color combo. Much better than the rainbows.

    ReplyDelete