Thursday, June 25, 2009

latest gadget

Remember when I said that I was going to get something cool if I kept those Nike shoes?  Well, the shoes still aren't great, and my feet actually hurt a lot after consecutive days of running.  I don't know if it's the shoes or just me getting used to running, and I don't even know where I would go with shoes after being at that store for hours on end.  So I decided to keep the shoes and just do it  (get it - Nike slogan?).

John actually got this as a Father's Day gift - now that he's Mr. Running Man he needed to see his distance and times, all while listening to some tunes.
Of course he picked his favorite color blue for the ipod nano, and it straps to his arm so he can track all of those important things.  What I think is pretty cool is the chip that fits into Nike shoes.  It records your stride and pace so it's truly individual.

John and I went to the track to calibrate our individual chips, so now we are ready to start monitoring our runs, and can even run distances that we don't know ahead of time since the ipod will tell us how far we are running.  

Hopefully after all of this investing in gear I will keep up with this running thing.  Today isn't looking too good - I'm sore and tired and wondering why I think I can do this!    


No comments:

Post a Comment