Friday, July 3, 2009

happy 4th

Tomorrow is the 4th of July.  We don't really have any big plans - running my 1st 5k in the morning if my foot feels better (if not, Mr. Running Man will take my place), and Lio (hopefully Paloma, too!) is going to do a fun run for kids that is 1 mile.  I'm so not faking this injury, and am a bit upset that I may have to postpone my training after working so hard, not to mention all of the running stuff I've bought!!!  Very discouraging.  :(  

We haven't even talked about going to see fireworks, but I'm betting we won't.  That would make for a really late night, and I don't know if we can handle anymore of those for awhile!
The night we stayed up catching fireflies, we also did a few sparklers.  For some reason Lio was really nervous and a bit scared, which is weird because he's done them for the past 2 years.  Maybe the seriousness of being safe has hit home with him this year.  I don't know if he would even enjoy loud fireworks at this point!

Whatever your plans, I hope everyone has a very happy and safe 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment