Friday, July 17, 2009

celebration treat

We just got back from our last swim lessons!  Before we went, Paloma informed me that she was not going to do her swim lesson.  Nope.  No way.  She wasn't even going to get in.  OK, I can't say I blame her.  It was very cloudy and chilly, and she knew that the girl instructor was giving lessons today...the girl instructor that wouldn't let her wear her floaties and was no-nonsense.  So I told her that I hoped she changed her mind because we were having a celebration treat after lessons were all over.    

She ended up changing her mind - swam without floaties - didn't even try to negotiate with the girl instructor - did a fantastic job!  And was super excited about the hot chocolate with mini marshmallows celebration treat.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Paloma is looking just like you at her age!

    I had to "bribe" Emma to finish her mini-yoga camp (T,W,R this week) by promising her my ying/yang turquoise ring from when I was little. I distinctly remember picking it out at a booth at the flea market.

    ReplyDelete