Wednesday, October 28, 2009

whew! I actually ran a 1/2 Marathon!!! and I was sick!!!

When that swine flu invaded our house a few weeks ago, I was down for the count! Lio came down with a fever on a Saturday, and since it was a week before the big 1/2 Marathon, I took every precaution and tried not to get sick. I even wore a face mask around and drank a ton of Airborn, but after Paloma got her fever on Monday, I started feeling sick myself. Sure enough, I got the fever on Tuesday, and was out for the rest of the week. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself that I wouldn't get to run after all of my training, but in the end, decided to run, and I'm soooo glad that I did! It was an amazing feeling to finally accomplish my goal. John ran the whole way with me, took one for the team, after all he did promise "in sickness and in health", and finished 4 minutes later than his 2 hour goal. I couldn't have done it without him! I really needed that support to help me get through.
We don't have any pictures to remember the event, other than these that were randomly taken for runners to purchase.

MarathonFoto - The World's Leader in Race Photography

I already feel like I am slacking and have totally slowed down with the running, but I am going to sign up for a 10K (that's 6.2 miles) on Thanksgiving morning, and will hopefully do a relay (with YOU, Jamie!!!) in the Flying Pig Marathon in the spring. The one thing that I learned from all of this is that I can reach my goals, even if they seem crazy. Now I just need to keep motivated by setting new goals.

1 comment:

  1. I am still so bummed that Max and I didn't see you!!! We are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete