Thursday, October 1, 2009

latest endeavor


So I am crazy about freezer paper stencils. Again. A few weekends ago my sister visited with the kids, and we spent Sunday morning making some. Every time I do one it feels like magic. And I want to make more. And more. And more.

So here's my latest endeavor, that involves making more:

This past summer I was asked if I could teach some classes at the store that sells my doveylove stuff. I thought some classes for mommies would be great - a night out with friends, wine, good food, and the chance to make something personal and amazing to take home. I would love that myself!

When I first felt that freezer paper stencil magic, I knew it had the potential to be a great class, but didn't really know how to organize it so that everyone would be successful. When my sister Michelle helped me work it out - I had to present it to the store owners to see if they would be interested. And they are!

We are offering a class in early November, $30/person, limit 10 people. The fee includes a really nice, thick t-shirt, all supplies, instruction from me, and wine and food. To keep things simple, I am going to have a ton of animal silhouettes to choose from, and lots of ideas on how to arrange them. Once people see the possibilities and techniques and make one, they could try more at home or sign up for an advanced class to do family silhouettes, etc. and have all of the materials at their disposal.

I made some samples to have at the store:


Hopefully there will be an interest and lots of people will sign up! A few people inquired about buying the samples, so I hope that's a good sign. Ya know, for the right price I could do custom orders for people, or even designs to go along with the store's new line! (But I repeat, FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.)


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your class will be a success! The samples are awesome.

    And yes, you should take special orders from the store for personalized t-shirts. Pick a t-shirt style, color....add an image in your favorite color.....and maybe add a name, etc. For the moms out there that feel they can't do it. I'm sure there are a few.

    ReplyDelete