Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I am married to a triathlete

Sunday John and our friend Tom completed a triathlon. Amazing! They had to canoe 6 miles, run another 6 miles, then finish with an 18 mile bike ride. Again, amazing!

As you can tell, I was totally unprepared for John riding in to cross the finish line.
And didn't do too much better at capturing the moment for Tom, either.

But we were all so proud of their accomplishment!


It's crazy that John and I couldn't even run a mile less than 6 months ago. (I'm so glad that we have embraced this healthy athletic kick together.) Since school has started, John hasn't even had much time to keep up with his running training, let alone go for long bike rides, yet he was able to complete a triathlon.

And then there's our friend Tom, who just got roped into being John's partner a few months ago. He took up running (with a pair of shoes that are not for running!!!), and is sleep deprived since the arrival of his beautiful daughter a few weeks ago.

I think they are both very determined and brave. It motivates me to feel like I can do really challenging things, too. I am proud to know them both. I can now say that I am married to a triathlete!

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Can't wait to say that my sister did 13.1!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one week to go for you lil runner! i am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete