Monday, April 27, 2009

Blooms

I am so ready for this weather to stay!  Everything is coming up in the front garden, and it looks so lush and beautiful.

I got some Columbine to fill in a few spaces that were looking a bit empty.  I even got a very young white Dogwood to make up for the tree we lost in the windstorm.  I love how Dogwoods look in the spring.  Maybe now John will be able to correctly identify a Dogwood, since he seems to think every flowering tree is one!

To confuse John even more, this is one of our Dogwood bushes.  I love the white and green leaves, and the stems are a beautiful red.

These little purple guys make me pretty happy.  I hope they spread and create a carpet.

Even though it's a few weeks early, I got some plants to put in the planters on the front porch.  I need to get some taller flowers, and probably some more color.  I'm always drawn to those bright greens, purple blues and whites.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong w/ keeping to a color palette! I really like that combo you have.

    Did you visit your favorite garden center that you enjoyed so much last year?

    The dogwood bush looks a bit like a wygelia (sp?).

    ReplyDelete