Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!


Pretty yucky, right?  This was the start of our April Fools Day.  I saw some really cute ideas for fun tricks to play on kids in April's issue of Family Fun magazine.  (Post a comment if you're interested in getting a year's subscription for $4.95!!!)  I put a few drops of food coloring at the bottom of the cereal bowl, then hid it by pouring the cereal on top.  When Lio and Paloma poured their milk in, it turned green!  Lio thought it was mold, and Paloma just looked a little confused.  April Fools!

 
After a great day of playing outside, I offered the kids some fruit punch.  That should have been their 1st clue that something was up.  When have I ever offered a sugary sweet drink out of the blue?!  The punch was actually some jello.  April Fools!

The last trick up my sleeve was giving them a wormy apple.  While Lio wasn't around, Paloma and I carved a hole into an apple and stuck the worm in.  She's usually so good at keeping secrets, but this one was too much!  She kept talking to Lio about worms, so he was ready for it.  

Tonight we are having breakfast for dinner to end this April Fools.  Hope yours was a fun one! 

1 comment: