Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stencil Crazy

 

Yesterday I had all day to play with more freezer paper stencils.  I just can't get over how easy and satisfying it is to make a custom graphic for our shirts!


This is the only one for me so far.  I am realizing how I have a very plain style - there hasn't been an image that has tempted me so far.  I did really like this silhouette of me and the kids, but notice how it's tiny and at the bottom.  I guess I don't like to be noticed much.  

I did a really great one of Lio and Paloma holding hands for one of John's shirts.  It was supposed to be for Father's Day, but he did some internet snooping (ok - he was trying to be helpful and research for me) and happened to see the idea I was going for.  But it did turn out really great and he loves it!  (For some reason the blog keeps rotating the picture I took of it, so I will try again another time to show it.)



More birds for Paloma.


A stencil made from Paloma's kitty cat drawing.



And of course, the different dragon varieties for Lio.  This one took forever, but he's all excited to wear it to school tomorrow.  I want to make more for him, but he's being a dud about it and said he doesn't want anymore.  Doesn't he realize how great they are?!  Obviously not.  But not caring what I lay out for him to wear, he won't even notice when I do all of the t-shirts he owns!

Did lots more.  Will post another time! 

1 comment:

  1. These turned out great! I am amazed that I can recognize you and the kids in the silhouette. How about a tree or some sort of graphic flower for you?

    ReplyDelete