Monday, May 18, 2009

Curb Appeal


BEFORE:


AFTER:


Who could forget the crazy windstorm we had here last fall?!  Our big Bradford Pear tree came down, which was sort of a blessing since it was getting too big and overgrown.  I couldn't make the decision to get it cut down, so Mother Nature took care of the decision for me.  Although I still think it takes away so much privacy from our house, I'm getting used to it not being there.  

With the absence of that big tree, the "wrongness" of the white shutters, white lights and gray door stood out even more.  This past weekend, we finally got the painting of the shutters and door complete.  Now we just need to get those lights changed!  Originally John and I thought we would just paint them black, but something's telling me that it is going to end up a bigger mess and we would be better of buying new ones.  The door color still isn't right, has no presence from the street, kind of just blends in, but will have to do for now since the color I wanted couldn't be color matched exactly.  I wanted a deep olive/moss green - why is that so hard to find in an exterior paint?  

Thanks again goes to Mother Nature for the "wind damage" on the roof, allowing insurance to pay for a new black one.

And I'm loving the landscaping we put in.  It's finally starting to leap a bit and fill in.  If I had to choose plants all over again, I wouldn't change a thing!

Now we just need to get the stump from the tree dug out, and the trench filled in, and I think we are done w/the curb appeal for awhile.  Whew!


2 comments:

  1. looks good! really, they can't match an outdoor paint color at lowes or sherwin williams?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing!!!! even BETTER in person!!!

    ReplyDelete