Tuesday, May 12, 2009

baby blooms

I have been working on a new order for The Spotted Goose - smaller barrettes for babies seem to be in demand!  I personally love a big bloom on a little girl, but I guess I am not as typical as most when it comes to taste.  I really liked working on the design for the new style.  I get a lot of satisfaction out of coming up with designs and color combinations that I haven't seen before.  I know that felt barrettes are nothing new, but I do try to be original and not take someone else's creativity.  I hope that others will have the same respect for me!  You would think these would take less time, but they really do not - must be the scale and working smaller.  These haven't been completely stitched together yet - hope to finish them up tonight and give them that special touch.  I also have some fruit barrettes, some flat flowers and some ponytail poms to work on this week.  The big incentive to get my order done... new running shoes with my pay!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet! My favorite color combination is the aqua and red.

    ReplyDelete