Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Art Show

Tonight we went to the Art Show at Lio's school.  It was really fun seeing all of the work the kids have created.  The pink house that Lio is standing next to is supposed to be our house, but there was definitely a formula going on since all of the kids seem to live in similar houses!  I was expecting this when Lio came home from school and told me 5th graders were helping all of the kindergardeners with their art that day for the show.  It's amazing how different art teachers can be, but I knew this just from how different John and I teach!  Being at the show made me miss teaching a little bit... there's just nothing like seeing little kid art.  I am proud of Lio.  I wonder if making art will be important to him when he grows up?  I hope so.  I also hope that he learns to really appreciate being creative, original and unique.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the tree that came down in the storm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not unless everyone had the same tree that came down in the windstorm. There was a formula I say! He did include himself in the picture, which was different from everyone else's. I made sure to point out that I really liked that!

    ReplyDelete