Tuesday, February 23, 2010

let's pretend we are on a baking show


Let's see...in the past few days I have "pretended" to be an art teacher, Miss Frizzle from 'The Magic School Bus', the mom driving the van, a visitor to the zoo, a soccer goalie, a customer at a cafe, a neighbor, and many more that I can't even remember.  Not only do I pretend, there is usually a script involved that I have to follow very closely.  Otherwise, I'm told to "pause the game", reminded of my lines, and then we continue on.  Lucky for you, today was "let's pretend we are on a baking show".  We made one of my favorite recipes - zucchini chocolate cupcakes - crispy on the outside and so moist on the inside, not to mention so chocolatey!


chocolate chip zucchini cupcakes

whisk these ingredients together, then set aside:
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tbs. unsweetened dutch cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

beat these ingredients together:
3/4 c. + 2 tbs. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla

slowly add flour mixture to the beaten mixture.

stir in:
1 c. grated zuchinni
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips

pour into 12 muffin lined tins.

bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven, rack in the middle, for 30-35 minutes.  cool in pan for 5 minutes.  enjoy!





1 comment: