Monday, December 21, 2009

playroom love

John and I have been planning to update the playroom for the kids for Christmas. We just really need it to be a place where it's bright and colorful, but most of all a fun place to be. IKEA has been the perfect spot to find those special things that will really transform the space for Lio and Paloma.

Just how cool is this hanging chair? I would love to sit and read a book in here! I think they will love it, too. Now we have to just find the perfect place to hang it so that it won't bang into walls.
An indoor climbing ladder? How great would that be as a kid?! Again, placement will be key.
And some hanging bars - I know, I know, again w/the placement!

We have a few alcove-y areas, so my favorite find was this great striped canvas, ON SALE!, for $2.99 a yard. I'm making ceiling to floor curtains to hang in front of the opening of an alcove - to create a stage, cafe, private nook area, etc.

And look how great this fabric is!

Not on sale, but just bought a bit to make some whimsical pillows for the couch in the playroom.

The only project that we had hoped to get done, but have just run out of time for, is refurbishing a big puppet theater. It's too much work to take on a few days before Christmas, but I think it would be a fun addition to the playroom.

I hope that with these changes the kids have some playroom love.









No comments:

Post a Comment