Monday, November 9, 2009

last year's work

Just one year ago, I was hired to create a display for a Holiday Market that The Spotted Goose (the great boutique that carries doveylove pieces) was participating in. It was a whirwind project that kept me super busy and had a quick turn around, but was also one that I was very proud of.

I created a floor plan of the space that was alloted, and relied on my super rusty perspective drawing skills, from when I studied interior design, to help me give the store owners a look at my vision.

And then got to work on making things for the display space - paper mache framed signage, painted tree limbs, painting a fireplace mantle (thanks to Tom for building!), and creating a custom painted rug in The Spotted Goose's signature color and pattern.

Just today, I was asked to create another custom rug for one of the store's customers. I was super flattered, but had to say no. The work that goes into getting the materials and creating the rug is way more than I can handle right now. But nice to know that someone out there liked it!






1 comment:

  1. Are they using the same display stuff for this year's show? It looked awesome. About the commission.....keep it in mind and have a 6wk turn around. And charge top $$! You are worth it.

    ReplyDelete