Monday, August 3, 2009

summer hike

I cannot believe how beautiful the weather has been! The fact that we haven't had the air conditioner on for over a month is pretty amazing. I love it! We've been spending lots of time outside - riding bikes, reading on the porch, and yesterday we went for a hike in the woods. I don't think we've been since early spring, but we braved the bugs and poison ivy and had a great adventure.

Can you see the little fish hiding by the rock? Both Lio and Paloma were able to pet it for awhile before it swam away.

We found lots of fossils in the creek.

Finding rocks to skip and throw is always lots of fun.

Lio's gotten brave and has pretty good balance walking across a fallen tree bridge.

Paloma's gotten braver, too. Not asking to be carried through the woods as much! (I remember our 1st hikes when I had her in a sling!)


John and I keep telling the kids how lucky they are to have both their mom AND dad home all summer, but it's all they've ever known so it isn't such a big deal to them. But it's a HUGE deal to us. We realize how lucky we are to have so much wonderful family time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment