Monday, September 28, 2009

all I've 'felt' like I've been doing

I cannot believe how fast the month of September has flown by! I thought getting into the routine of school for Lio and work for John would only take a few weeks, but we are all still trying to find a rhythm. Amidst all of these changes, I was working on the big order of doveylove stuff, which seemed to keep growing each day.

Here's a sample of the fall line:

I think I'm getting the hang of the pom pom flowers - graduating the colors so it looks more natural, and have adapted the same style to itty bitty infant clips as well. Paloma loves to help me shape each one - and she's really good at it!

The itty bitty pom poms also lent themselves to a little bigger barrette (I know that looks like it's spelled wrong, but spell check says it's true!) that allows for a stem and a little more detail.

Probably the most exciting part of working on the order was coming up with a new and bigger flower for the headbands. I really love how they turned out, and think I'm only going to do this style from now on. It just has so much more impact than the pom poms of last season.

Fall called for some woodland creatures - squirrels and owls. And I did lots of the standard simple flowers that started it all. It was a huge order.

So when I dropped off the order, I was asked to develop some ideas for pins that would embellish t-shirts for a new line the store was creating. So back home to figure that one out, and lots of trial and error to create yet another style of flower, and some toad stools that were more 3 dimensional. All in all I was proud of how everything turned out. And am glad to have a little break from making so many things from felt.

I think this big order made me realize even more that I can only handle things on a small scale! I was determined to finish things up and deliver them, so much so that making these things was all I 'felt' I have been doing for weeks! Oh.... and just when I dropped the pins off, I have thought up yet another project that I need to begin preparing for soon. More details to come!

1 comment: